Welcome to the IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, Part 1: Classification and Measurement e-learning module
This module covers the background, scope and principles relating to the classification and measurement of financial assets and liabilities under IFRS 9 Financial Instruments: Classification and Measurement and the application of this Standard. By completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Identify when to recognize a financial instrument
- Classify financial assets into one of the three financial asset categories and financial liabilities into one of two financial liability categories as required
- Apply the appropriate measurement basis for the relevant financial asset or financial liability category
- Define a derivative and distinguish between 'normal' contracts and derivative contracts
- Account for embedded derivatives
- Account for financial guarantee contracts and
- Identify the accounting considerations for financial instruments relating to business combinations under IFRS 3.
The duration of this module is about 2 hours and there is an assessment at the end of the module to test your knowledge.
Please click Download button to download the module.