Welcome to the IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, Part 2: Derecognition e-learning module
This module covers the background, scope and principles relating to the derecognition of financial instruments under IFRS 9 and the application of this Standard. By completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Explain the steps involved for securitization;
- Apply the derecognition decision tree;
- Apply the IFRS 10 criteria to determine whether the structured entities to which receivables are transferred, should be consolidated;
- Identify when the rights to the cash flows on the receivables have been transferred and the next steps;
- Identify the accounting entries for transactions where derecognition failed;
- Identify the impact of deep in the money and deep out of the money options on derecognition;
- Identify situations of continuing involvement, partial derecognition and determine the corresponding accounting entries for it and
- Apply the IFRS 9 derecognition requirements to financial liabilities; including where financial liabilities are restructured or renegotiated and the extinguishment of liabilities.
The duration of this module is about 1.5 hours and there is an assessment at the end of the module to test your knowledge.
Please click Download button to download the module.