Welcome to the IFRS 13 Fair Value Measurement e-learning module
This module covers the background, scope and principles under IFRS 13 Fair Value Measurement that was issued by the IASB in May 2011 and the application of this Standard. By completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of assets or liabilities;
- Identify market characteristics
- Identify the characteristics of market participants
- Identify potential adjustments to the market price
- Determine the highest and best use of non-financial assets
- Determine how to measure liabilities
- Determine the criteria for using an exception for offsetting positions
- Determine the appropriate valuation techniques
- Determine the correct level in the fair value hierarchy
- Determine the correct price (bid, mid or ask) and
- Determine which items are under the scope of IFRS 13 disclosures requirements.
The duration of this module is about 2.5 hours and there is an assessment at the end of the module to test your knowledge.
Please click Download button to download the module.