Welcome to the IAS 32 Financial Instruments: Presentation e-learning module
The module covers the key presentation requirements for financial instruments under IAS 32 Financial Instruments: Presentation revised by the IASB in December 2011 to include additional guidance and disclosures as a result of the joint offsetting project with the FASB. By completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Define a financial instrument, a financial asset, a financial liability and an equity instrument;
- Describe the principles of financial asset/ financial liability/equity classification;
- Identify and understand how to account for transactions in own equity;
- Identify and understand how to account for compound instruments;
- Apply the appropriate accounting treatment for interest/dividends and gains/losses related to financial instruments;
- Describe the accounting considerations relating to treasury shares; and
- Identify situations when a financial asset and financial liability should be offset in the statement of financial position.
The duration of this module is about 1 hour and there is an assessment at the end of the module to test your knowledge.
Please click Download button to download the module.