Welcome to the IAS 16 Property, Plant and Equipment e-learning module
This module covers the background, scope and principles under IAS 16 Property, Plant and Equipment and the application of this Standard. By completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Describe the recognition criteria for property, plant and equipment, and determine how an asset should be measured at recognition
- Determine the appropriate accounting treatment for dismantling costs
- Determine when to commence the depreciation of an asset and the appropriate depreciation method to apply
- Calculate the depreciation charge based on the method chosen by the entity
- Describe the two models for subsequent measurement of property, plant and equipment, including the impact of the impairment loss
- Apply the accounting treatment using the cost model and revaluation model and
- Determine the appropriate accounting treatment for subsequent expenditure and disposal.
The duration of this module is about 1.3 hours and there is an assessment at the end of the module to test your knowledge.
Please click Download button to download the module.