Welcome to the IAS 16 Property, Plant and Equipment e-learning module
This module covers the background, scope and principles under IAS 16 Property, Plant and Equipment and the application of this Standard. By completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Determine how an asset should be initially measured
- Determine what additional costs can be capitalized
- Determine the appropriate accounting treatment for dismantling costs
- Identify when and why it is appropriate to depreciate an asset
- Determine how to compute the depreciation based on the method chosen by the entity
- Determine the appropriate depreciation method
- Describe the two models for subsequent measurement of property, plant and equipment
- Apply the accounting treatment using the cost model and revaluation model and
- Identify the impact of the impairment to the carrying amount of an asset.
The duration of this module is about 1.5 hours and there is an assessment at the end of the module to test your knowledge.
Please click Download button to download the module.